Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Book

I've been reading a great book by Elyse Fitzpatrick. It's entitled
A Steadfast Heart, Experiencing God's comfort in life's storms. She walks through Psalm 57. I've started to memorize the Psalm for my own heart. Here's the first couple verses that I've been meditating on...

Psalm 57:1-2
Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,
for in you my soul takes refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
until the disaster has passed.
I cry out to God Most High,
to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.

What a comfort to know that in the midst of my trial that God is merciful to me, that I can take refuge in Him and that He is fulfilling His purposes for me!

1 comment:

jhoch said...

I hadn't heard of this book; I'll have to check it out. I'm so thankful that the Lord has brought you encouragement through this book. And, thanks for a great verse to meditate on today. Love, Jessica