Thursday, August 13, 2009

Song

This song by Laura Story echoes my heart these past 6 weeks....
It's called Make Something Beautiful

When I'm at the point of breaking
At the place where I resign
When I'm at the stage of shaking my head
as I look back on my life
When I'm halfway through the grieving
but not quite through the ache
When I cannot see the ending
Or which road I'm supposed to take

And all I know to do
is lift my hands to you-
Take all of my life,
all of my life,
and make something beautiful...
I open my hand and trust in your plan
to make something beautiful
so all will see Your work in me
as you make something beautiful...

When I'm tired of pretending
and can't recall my line
Do I say I'm barely breathing
or say I'm doing fine?
I admit there is a yearning
for the hurting to subside
but not at the risk of missing
what You're doing in my life...



1 Peter 1:6-7
In this (the salvation and the inheritance that awaits us) you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith, of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire, may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

1 comment:

jhoch said...

Thanks for sharing. I can see that this would be your heart's cry, considering the circumstances you're facing. We just continue to plead with the Lord on your behalf. We love you.