Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Homemade ice cream

Roland and I got an electric ice cream maker for Christmas. I've been enjoying experimenting with different recipes and add-ins. We've made mint chocolate chip, brownie chocolate, strawberry. They've all been good, but I just made a batch today that is, by far, my favorite. It really is to die for...if you love peanut butter, that is. (How all 3 of my kids are allergic to peanut butter I do not understand! Perhaps I ate too much of it while I was pregnant with them! LOL) Anyway, it's rich and creamy and I'm sure very low fat. : ) Here's the recipe if you wanna try it:

Peanut butter ice cream
Cream:
1 cup peanut butter with 2/3 cup sugar
Add:
2 1/2 cups half and half
2 tsp. vanilla
Put in ice cream maker for approx. 25 min.
Add chopped Reese's.

Mmmm... enjoy!

1 comment:

Mindy Buller said...

We'll have to give that one a try!!