Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Favorite books

I have a confession to make. I'm a sucker for a book list. Honey for a Child's Heart is one of my favorite and most frequently used books. It lists great books for a variety of ages and interests. (I order the books online, from the library,and they just show up on the pick-up shelf a few days later with MY name on them!) But I don't limit myself to Honey for a Child's Heart. I love browsing the Sonlight reading list, the Veritas Press catalog, lists I get from homeschooling workshops, etc.
There's nothing better than snuggling up in a blanket with the kids on a chilly day and reading chapter after chapter. My kids have a chant they say when I say I'm done. They all shout "Read on! Read on! Read on!" And usually I fall for it. "Okay, just one more chapter..."
So, anyway, in case anyone else likes book lists, I thought I would put together a short list of the Sanchez family favorites. Happy reading!

Lamplighter Publishers
Mary Jones and her Bible
Little Sir Gallahad
The Open Door
Teddy's Button
Nobody Loves Me
Christie's Old Organ
Me and Nobles

The Child's Story Bible
Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss
The Trailblazer Books by Dave and Neta Jackson
The Kingdom Series by Chuck Black
Little Pilgrim's Progress By Helen Taylor
Missionary Stories with the Millers
Wisdom and the Millers
The Tinker's Daughter by Wendy Lawton
Hero Tales by Dave and Neta Jackson
The Journey to the Cross
The Chronicles of Narnia
They Would not be Moved

Little House on the Prairie
Charlotte's Web
Cricket in Times Square
The Secret Garden
Anne of Green Gables
They Loved to Laugh

For younger kids
Read Aloud Bible Stories
The Lamb by John R. Cross

A few of my favorites
Safely home by Randy Alcorn
Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Rose
More Love to Thee by Elizabeth Prentiss
The Quest for Meekness and Quietness of Spirit by Matthew Henry
If I Perish by Esther Ahn Kim

No comments: