Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday, Roland!





Yes, it's true! My dear husband turned the big 4-0 today! Wow. I'm married to an old guy. (Never mind the fact that people have mistaken him for my son!)
We had a great day as a family celebrating. I also surprised him by bringing cake and balloons to Discovery (our Wed. night program at church). So he was able to share his birthday with 80 kids. Unfortunately, he didn't even get to eat a piece of his own birthday cake. (A kid named William confessed that he ate six!) Oh well, it's probably better to cut back on sweets anyway...at his age. : )

I love you, honey. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Erica said...

That had to be the fastest upload to a blog EVER. Happy birthday Roland! 6 pieces huh? That's pretty brave to confess such a thing :)

jhoch said...

Happy Birthday Roland! I can't believe that people have thought you were LaNae's son! We look forward to seeing you all soon.

a girl said...

Thanks for putting a smile on my face. 80 kids how wonderful!! Sounds like a great party when someone confessed to eating 6 pieces of cake.

Thank you for sharing!!