Saturday, March 15, 2008

3 more days...

3 more days ....til Roland's ordination. It has been an intense few months, or shall I say, few years of studying. Although Roland finished seminary in December we all still feel that it is not really "over" til his ordination is done.

People have asked why Roland is going through the ordination process if the church doesn't require it of the pastors. (There's no real "physical" incentive-no pay increase, no bigger office, no promotion. Only the title of Reverend awaits him-not much of an incentive!) The answer is simply that his desire is to be tested (as I Timothy 3 talks about.) He sees ordination as the culmination of his formal training for ministry. So, on Tuesday he will have his first ordination council, which will entail three hours of questioning on Bible knowledge, systematic theology, and practical theology. His council consists of three men who have been instrumental in his preparation for ministry-Dan Jarms, Mike Rosario and John Smith.

The kids are not going, but I am. Roland says I'm welcome as long as I don't shout out things like, "Ah, come on! What kind of an answer is that?!" Since I have no plans to do that, I plan to stock up on Tums and go and pray and rejoice in God's goodness.

We'd appreciate your prayers too!

3 comments:

jhoch said...

Michael reminded me of this the other day. We're praying for you. We're continually encouraged by your example. Both of you challenge us in many ways, even though we don't get to talk and hangout as much anymore.

Andrew, Arianna, Liam, and Asher said...

We are praying! How exciting to almost be truly, really, honestly, finally done!

Katie said...

Hey Lanae,
I spoke with Roland a little bit at church on Sunday and he mentioned this to me. I'm praying for you all!!! And I'm sorry that I didn't head over to talk with you too... I hope you are doing well : )