Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's goin' on here?



Last Friday Roland stayed home in the morning to study. I set the girls up in the family room to play and read and ran downstairs to get the big kids started on their school work. A little while later I came up to check on the girls and found this scene.
"What's goin' on here?" I asked Roland through the door.
"Oh, well, the girls slide their hands under the door and wait for me to give them a piece of candy!"
I had to smile as I thought, Is this the same daddy who insisted, just a few months ago, that there would be no interruptions while he studies?!

We are so thankful for how the Lord has answered prayer in regards to Emily and Ashley's relationship with Roland. They run to greet him when he comes home from work. They go to him and sit on his lap. They love for him to throw them up in the air. We are feeling more and more like a family....
Thank you, God.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so encouraged to hear they are attaching more! God is faithful!

Erica said...

SO CUTE!!!

paddy1mac said...

Gotta love that guy!

Brianne said...

Praise the Lord!!! :)
What an encouraging update. Thank you for posting!!

Jennifer said...

I am sooooo very happy for you guys! Have been praying and wishing we were near you guys to help and love on you. Know we are here!

Eric 'n Leah said...

This post makes my heart so happy!!!