Friday, November 20, 2009

My dad

We would appreciate your prayers for my dad right now. He went in for a relatively "simple" hernia repair on Monday. There were complications with the surgery-uncontrolled bleeding, low blood pressure, a collapsed lung. He never made it out of the recovery room, but instead the surgeon did a second surgery to try and find out the cause of the bleeding. He has been sedated and on a ventilator and in the ICU since. They are supposed to extubate him next Tues. (They've postponed it several times.) Today they discovered that he's running a fever and has an infection-somewhere.
Please pray for his recovery, for my mom, and for our family as we try to care for both my mom and dad.

2 comments:

jhoch said...

Thank you for the update. We will continue to pray for all of you.

lisa d said...

Hey lanae,
elaine c mentioned this to me on Friday and I have been praying often for him (and all of you) ever since.
I will keep on praying.