Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Great reminder

Yesterday, I had a long day at work starting at 5:30 am and ending at 6:30 pm so I was gone most of the day. Needless to say I was pretty exhausted as I came through the door. I received the usual greetings from the family (where everyone lines up and gives daddy a big hug and kiss - which is always refreshing after a long day at work). I noticed two little girls missing in this line up, which was not a surprise because it was late and they were probably already in bed. LaNae told me, however, during dinner Emily noticed that I was missing from my usual spot and and signed "where's daddy". My gut reaction was to just say - Oh she was probably just scratching her head, but by God's grace, I refrained from letting my mind go there. She was looking for her daddy...

I came across this video from "Lifesong" and it reminded me of why we did what we did in bringing Emily and Ashley into our home. Watch it and at least consider asking yourself the question, "why wouldn't I?"

No comments: