Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The question

"So how's it going with the girls?"
It's a question we get asked often...but I always hesitate before I answer...What do I say?
"It's wonderful...they're eating well, sleeping well, responding to authority and discipline. They're sweet and funny and affectionate--during the day. They make us laugh. They've bonded well with me and the other kids."
OR do I say,
"It's terrible...the girls completely shut down when Roland is around. They won't go to him or smile when he's home. At times they run in the other room when he comes home from work, cry or scream when he asks them to come to him. The girls' response to daddy brings us to tears--often."

5 comments:

Erica said...

LaNae, I've been praying for you a lot this last week and I pray that the girls will bond with Roland quickly. Hang in there!

jhoch said...

This breaks my heart to hear. I will be praying specifically for this.

Andrew, Arianna, Liam, and Asher said...

That's got to be incredibly difficult. We will definitely pray that they love him soon! We'll pray for comfort, especially for him.

We were hoping to get up to Spokane over our vacation so we could see you. We're sad it didn't work out time-wise to make the trip. Maybe next time when we drive... as we'll no longer have 2 lap fliers :)

Angie said...

I am also praying. Thanks for an honest answer to the question that we are all asking.

Jennifer said...

Be honest, Be real! This is the gospel at work and it is hard and it is very real. God WILL give you the strength and the ability to get through this. Lean on HIS understanding and not your own. Remember we love you guys and know exactly what you are going through. I will try and call you soon and call me any time you need to talk. I Thess. 1:3..."Work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ..."