Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Final Stretch

This clip was taken at the Inter-Country Adoption Board in the Philippines. We had some final paperwork that needed to be signed. After this final meeting we received Emily and Ashley's visas that would allow them to enter the United States.



There were many that greeted us at the airport upon our return. It was encouragement to all of us.



Life begins now as a family of seven. It's still hard to believe that this is what much of our energy was devoted to this past year.



We are so thankful that God has placed in our hearts a desire to adopt children into our family. It gives us a small glimpse into the sacrifice made on our behalf in order to adopt us into God's family.

This part of the journey is over, but the journey of God unfolding what he will do in and through this process is yet for us to see. Regardless of what circumstances we might face on this journey, I was thankful for God's word this morning in Psalm 59:16-17 -

"But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love."

Thanks to many of you also who have supported us through your prayer, finances, and encouragement. We are grateful in your participation in the gospel minstry of adoption.

No comments: