Thursday, August 28, 2008

Peaches!





It's that time of year again...It seems to always be the week before school starts. Peach season! Mindy, mom, and I get together each year to can. (Kailyn and Annsley have now joined us. They faithfully peeled peaches for two days.)Though it's a lot of work, I look forward to it every year. I froze about 30 quarts and canned about 30 jars for myself. Altogether we did about 100 quarts + a couple of batches of peach jam. Mmmmm...
It's such a great feeling to have all those jars in the pantry ready for winter. Feels so pioneerish. : )

2 comments:

AJ said...

Yummy. I just did strawberry jam for the first time and it's not going to be the last. Apple butter is on my list next.

brooke said...

i just posted about the same thing, even saying how it made me feel "little house on the prairie-ish", but i think you better described it better using the word "pioneer"!