Monday, June 23, 2008

The battle for truth...inside my own head

Today, I sent in the first part of our application packet for the adoption (with a check for $1600). Once they receive our packet they will assign us a case worker. It's exciting to get the ball rolling. But I have to admit I have been battling anxiousness and fear too. This is the "conversation" that goes on in my head throughout the day...
"What are you thinking, LaNae? Adoption? Where are you gonna get the money for that? What about that furniture you wanted to buy? Why would you want to adopt now? Life is good... The kids are older, independent. Do you really want to go back to diapers, naps, and high chairs? Another kid (or two) is really going to stretch the budget.."
But, the Holy Spirit keeps reminding me of truth...He keeps bringing to mind Matthew chapter 6... how I am to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. He has convicted me of my foolish desire to store up treasure on earth (where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.) He has caused me to reflect on His faithfulness and His goodness to us in seminary. He has reminded me that a life of faith is what pleases Him.

3 comments:

paddy1mac said...

A good reminder! Thanks LaNae...well, if you guys are going to adopt two, then I guess we probably should start praying about it too! Gotta keep up with the Sanchez's!! :)

Michael and Jessica said...

We are praying for your family as you continue in this process of adoption. We're encouraged by your hearts and are confident that whatever children the Lord brings to you will be so very blessed to be in your family.

Kailyn Renae said...

Thanks for the encouragement!