Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Graduation and more growing pains


Sunday night Roland officially graduated from the Master's Seminary. It was a very special evening. In the middle of the service Cade leaned over to me and said, "Mom, I just wanna shout, 'My dad is done with seminary!'" We are thankful that we were able to go down to be a part of it. We were all so proud of Roland.
We are now in Northern California at Roland's parents' house. We took the van in to get fixed this morning and had planned to leave tomorrow morning. But we got a call that the repair will take 2 days, instead of just one. (The rack and pinion steering system needs to be replaced. Price tag: $1600) So, once again, with tears, I find myself needing to put aside my will-to get home when we planned, to start packing for our move, to save money for our new house-and embrace the Lord's will for us. I've been reminded of Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."
Praise God for his never failing goodness.

1 comment:

Andrew, Arianna, Liam, and Asher said...

Hi guys! We've been wondering what is going on with the whole house process? We're thankful we got to see you in LA, even if for just a short while!